June 25, 2013

Linguine with Shrimp & Tomato Cream Sauce


I've had this recipe from Eat Live Run for Linguine with Shrimp and Tomato Cream Sauce up on my computer for the past several weeks.  Mainly, cuz it looked delicious :)  After going through my kitchen, I realized I had everything to make this, so last Friday I invited Erika over for dinner, wine, and some girl talk.  This pasta was really easy to whip up while drinking wine and chatting, and served with garlic bread and a few extra shakes of red pepper flakes, it was perfect for a Friday night dinner with one of my favorite people :)

Linguine with Shrimp & Tomato Cream Sauce

Ingredients
1 lb shrimp (I used frozen)
14oz can diced tomatoes
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 to 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
4 large basil leaves, chiffonaded
2 tblsp olive oil
3/4 lb linguine
red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions
1. Cook pasta according to directions.  Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil over high heat.  Add shrimp until cooked (or warmed, if using frozen) through.  Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
3. Add diced tomatoes and heavy cream and stir together.  Add pasta, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (use sparingly if you're sensitive to spice).
4. Serve topped with basil and Parmesan.

Serves 4-5

adapted from Eat Live Run

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment