This recipe for Cashew Chicken is the reason I originally bought my Everyday Food cookbook. I remember years ago Maddie invited me over and made this and I thought to myself "I have to have that recipe". When she sung the praises of the infamous cookbook to me that night, I knew I had to buy it. Since then, I've made this dish time and time again for different groups of people, and everyone falls in love with it. It's super quick and easy to put together, and the flavors blend together to form a perfect weekday meal. I highly recommend you try this right away - you won't be disappointed :)
Cashew Chicken
Ingredients
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tblsp cornstarch
Salt and pepper
2 tblsp vegetable oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
8 scallions (green onions), white and green parts separated, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tblsp rice vinegar
3 tblsp hoisin sauce
3/4 cup raw cashews
White rice for serving
Instructions
1. In medium bowl, toss chicken with cornstarch until chicken is coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In large skillet, heat 1 tblsp oil over medium-high heat. Cook half chicken tossing often until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
3. Add remaining oil and chicken to skillet with garlic and white parts of scallions. Cook tossing often, until chicken is browned. Add first batch of chicken to pan. Add vinegar and cook until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
4. Add hoisin and 1/4 cup water. Cook, tossing until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat. Stir in scallion greens and cashews. Serve over white rice.
adapted from Everyday Food
xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:
Post a Comment