September 6, 2012

Pasta with Sausage, Swiss Chard, and Pine Nuts



I had a huge To Do List for Labor Day weekend, and although most of it didn't even get a second glance (clean the kitchen? no thanks), one thing I was insistent on was trying a new recipe.  Since my love of pasta runs deep, I decided to make a version of Everyday Food's Pasta with Sausage, Swiss Chard, and Pine Nuts that I had been flipping past in my cookbook forever.  I had always been a little hesitant of adding raisins to my pasta, and while they weren't my favorite the first night I made the dish, for leftovers the next day the flavors had a chance to blend and it ended up being even better.  Be warned - this one makes a ton and could've easily been halved.  But when faced with a full and busy week, it's nice to have something quick to throw in my lunch bag that I know will fill me up during the day.

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment