May 2, 2019

Chicken Parm Meatballs


Making meatballs always sounds like such a chore, when in reality they are probably one of the most simple meals to make.  After coming across this recipe for Chicken Parm Meatballs countless times on Cup of Jo, I finally decided to give it a go this past Sunday and am so glad I did.  They were so simple to put together, using mostly pantry staples and a few extras I picked up from Trader Joe's, and paired with a yummy fresh salad and extra sauce, they have been the perfect meal to eat every night this week.  I'm definitely adding it to my weeknight dinner list!

Chicken Parm Meatballs

Ingredients
1 lb ground chicken
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 Tblsp chopped onion
1 Tblsp chopped parsley
1/2 cup Parmesan {or Pecorino}
Salt 
Pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 egg, whisked
zest of half lemon
3 Tblsp olive oil
About 14 oz homemade or store bought marinara sauce {I love TJ's Arrabiata sauce}
About 4 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400.  Line baking sheet with foil.
2. In large bowl, using your hands, gently mix together first 11 ingredients {through lemon zest}.  Shape into about golf ball size balls and place a few inches from each other on baking sheet. {note - original recipe calls for 1.25 lbs chicken and makes about 20 meatballs - I only used 1 lb because of packaging and came up with about 15 meatballs}.
3. In small bowl, mix 1 spoonful of marinara with the olive oil.  Brush mixture on top of each meatball.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove meatballs from oven.  Spoon a small amount of remaining sauce over each, then cover with a small slice of cheese.  Broil another 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden.
6. While broiling, heat remaining sauce in small sauce pan.  
7. Serve meatballs with sauce and large salad, sauteed greens, or over pasta. 

Serves 3-4

adapted from cup of jo


xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment