April 16, 2020

Broccoli Slaw


My favorite thing I made for Easter dinner was Broccoli Slaw from Smitten Kitchen's first cookbook.  There's something so comforting and delicious about a broccoli salad like this that reminds me of summer picnics, and the fresh and simple ingredients made it so simple to put together while everything else was cooking.  If you have the time I'd recommend making it the day before - Christian and I both agreed the leftovers were even better than the first day - but either way, I doubt this will last long in your fridge as I could've eaten the huge bowl of it all myself :)

Broccoli Slaw

Ingredients
2 heads broccoli {about 1 lb}, sliced into florets and small pieces
1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds, toasted {if desired}
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tblsp cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
Freshly ground pepper

Instructions
1. Toss chopped broccoli with almonds and cranberries.  
2. In small bowl, whisk buttermilk, mayo, vinegar, sugar, and salt until smooth.  Stir in onion and let marinate in the dressing for about 10 minutes to mellow the onion flavor.
3. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and add generous amount of black pepper.  Stir until broccoli is evenly coated with the dressing.
4. Will keep in fridge, covered, for 2-3 days {if it lasts that long}.

Makes about 8 cups slaw

adapted from smitten kitchen

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment