October 24, 2023

Raspberry Ricotta Cake


Since we got home from Italy I've been craving a sweet treat {maybe it's croissant withdrawals or just the endless gray skies} so I looked to my newest cookbook from the parents, Alison Roman's Sweet Enough, for something easy and snackable.  I found this recipe for her Raspberry Ricotta Cake {which is apparently quite popular} and last Sunday afternoon I whipped it up in no time.  Note - I made this in what I thought was a 9 inch cake pan, but the batter literally runneth over in the oven {even over the cookie sheet I last minute stuck under the dish} so I'd suggest making this in a deeper pie dish or even larger baking dish.  Regardless, once cleaned up this was an insanely delicious, easy, and not too sweet cake to have on hand to go with afternoon tea or after dinner couch snuggling.  An instant hit!

Raspberry Ricotta Cake

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tblsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1 1/4 cups sugar
Grated zest of 1 lemon
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 stick {4oz} unsalted butter, melted
12-16oz raspberries, fresh or frozen

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350.  Grease 9inch round cake pan {or bigger!} and line with a round of parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, 1 cup sugar, citrus zest, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.  Whisk or gently fold into flour mixture until just blended.  Then fold in the melted butter, followed by half the raspberries, crushing them ever so slightly as you fold to get a tie-dye effect.
4. Transfer batter to prepared pan and scatter remaining raspberries and remaining 1/4 cup sugar over top.
5. Bake until golden brown and a knife or toothpick comes out clean from the center, about 65 minutes.  Let cool at least 20 minutes before serving.

adapted from sweet enough






xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment