August 13, 2013

Day Hike {Snow Lake}


Last week, Stefanie convinced me that we needed to "seize summer" and go on a hike.  I begrudgingly agreed, and bright and early on Sunday morning we headed east on I-90 to Snow Lake by Snoqualmie Pass.  The trail is about 8 miles roundtrip, which for an amateur like me is quite the hike.  We kept at it with just a few quick pauses to let others by, and with her dog Clyde leading the way, before we knew it we were at the top looking down on a gorgeous but foggy alpine lake.  We decided to hike down to the lake for lunch, and by the time we were at the bottom the clouds began to lift and the sun sort of tried to come out.  After a little dip in the lake for Clyde {that dog is brave}, we decided to head on out before the crowds were too big.  If you do this hike, make sure to go early - the trail was packed with people heading up as we were going down.  But I'd highly suggest it - it's a gorgeous and serene view and well worth the trek up the mountain.  Thanks for forcing me off the couch, Stef - I do feel a little bad-ass :)

 some parts were pretty rocky


awesome views


 foggy lake


 chilly swim


made it to the lake!


 the clouds started to clear for our hike back up


back down the mountain


lake selfie!

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment