August 8, 2013

Peach Crisp


For mom's birthday, I wanted to make a yummy dessert that was light and fresh to compliment the warm summer day.  When I spotted the bowl of fresh peaches on her counter, I instantly thought of The Pioneer Woman's Peach Crisp.  I had never made it before, but always drooled over it when flipping through her cookbook.  I decided to nix the maple cream sauce {it seemed too rich for us that day} and instead we topped the crisp with some light whipped cream, though it was amazing on it's own slightly warmed from the oven.  If you find yourself with some extra peaches lying around {lucky you!} I'd highly suggest turning them into this crisp - an instant crowd-pleaser :)

Peach Crisp

Ingredients
5 or 6 whole peaches, peeled and sliced
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick butter, cold
1 lemon
2 tblsp maple syrup

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In medium bowl mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.  Cut butter into small pieces and add to flour mixture until evenly mixed and crumbly.
3. Place peaches in separate bowl.  Mix in zest of one lemon and juice of half the lemon.  Add maple syrup and stir well.
4. Spread peach mixture into 9x9 pan and top evenly with crumble mixture.  Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.  Remove foil and bake another 30 minutes, or until crisp is brown on top.

adapted from The Pioneer Woman







 happy birthday, mama!

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment