November 14, 2012

Pantry Chicken Parmesan



Saturday I headed home to spend a few days with mom and dad in the valley.  After nixing the idea to go out to dinner, and not wanting to drive in to the grocery store (apparently moving just 5 miles from the last house is way too far from town for us), Mom and I scoured the cupboards to come up with something tasty and easy that we could make from what they already had.  We put together a super simple Chicken Parmesan dish that was much less labor intensive and just as yummy as this version I tried last year.  I almost always have these ingredients in my cupboard, so I know I'll be coming back to this one when I need a quick and easy weeknight meal.  Thanks for the idea, Mom!

Oven Baked Parmesan Chicken

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup dried Italian bread crumbs
1 jar marinara/tomato sauce
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400.  Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs.
2. Arrange chicken in 9x13 pan.  Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
3. Pour sauce over chicken and top with cheese.  Bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and chicken is cooked through.
4. Serve over pasta with crunchy bread (and a glass of red wine :)

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment