I've been trying really hard to eat healthier. More salads and veggies, less breads and pasta. However, this past weekend I just couldn't resist this creamy pasta recipe from the Giada's Kitchen cookbook. The recipe makes a ton (halve it if you don't want leftovers for days) and though I made a few tweaks to her original recipe, it hit the spot on Sunday night. Although I'm pretty sure when this is gone from my fridge at the end of the week, I'll be back to more veggie-filled meals. Hey, we all need an indulgence every now and then :)
Pasta with Smashed Peas, Sausage, & Ricotta Cheese
Ingredients
1 lb fettuccine (or other wide, long pasta)
2 tblsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
12oz frozen peas, thawed
1 cup ricotta cheese
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (or Pecorino Romano) cheese
Salt & Pepper
Instructions
1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil and garlic in large skillet over medium high heat, until garlic is fragrant. Add sausage and cook, using wooden spoon to break into bite sized pieces. When sausage has browned, about 5 minutes, push to one side of pan.
3. Add peas to pan and smash, using wooden spoon or potato masher. Turn off heat.
4. Add ricotta cheese to pan and stir to combine, then add cooked pasta and stir to coat. Slowly add pasta cooking water if needed to moisten pasta.
5. Add basil and Parmesan, and top with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Serves 4-6
adapted from Giada's Kitchen
xoxo,
stephanie marie
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment