April 12, 2017

Hawaii {Manoa Falls}


I knew that being on Oahu I had to do at least one semi-active adventure on this gorgeous island, and after a bit of research I settled on hiking to Manoa Falls.  All the websites said it was a quick and easy hike with a beautiful waterfall at the end, and they were right.  It was only a $10 uber ride from my hotel in Waikiki to the trailhead {who ubers to a hike??} and I followed many fellow hikers along the gradual and twisting trail.  Everything around me looked straight out of Jurassic Park and I couldn't help but picture dinosaurs popping up over the trees in the distance.  The rains came off and on while on the trail, but besides trying to keep my camera dry I didn't mind the respite from the heat of the beach - it felt so refreshing.  The falls at the end weren't quite as rushing as I had hoped, but it felt good to get out and move around after days of eating and laying on the beach.  There's nothing bad about a little bit of nature every now and then :)











 the falls were a little bare, but still pretty






















xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment