August 22, 2018

Roasted Cauliflower Burrito Bowl


I love Mexican flavors and am always trying to find new ways to make that yummy cuisine at home.  I've been obsessed with the blog Pinch of Yum lately so when I stumbled across her Roasted Cauliflower Burrito Bowls it seemed like the perfect thing to make for dinner.  I love being able to make dinners that are delicious and easy, and I love the idea of a great healthy dinner that doesn't include meat.  I've already made this twice in the last few weeks and it's so easy to put all the pieces together at the same time that I can see it lasting me well into the upcoming fall season as a weeknight staple.  I'm sure you will too!

Roasted Cauliflower Burrito Bowls

Ingredients
1 cup white or brown rice
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 Tblsp olive oil
1 Tblsp taco seasoning,divided
1- 14oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup water
2 small tomatoes, chopped 
1/2 small onion, chopped
juice of 2 limes + more wedges for serving
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 ears of corn, kernels cut off cobb
1 avocado
Toppings - hot sauce, salsa, cheese, green onion, radishes, sour cream/greek yogurt, etc

Instructions
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2.  Heat oven to 425.  Toss cauliflower florets with olive oil and half taco seasoning.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through to prevent burning.
3. Meanwhile, combine black beans, water, and remaining taco seasoning in small sauce pan.  Bring to a low simmer.  Mash beans with back of spoon until mixture starts to get creamy.  It should continue to thicken as it stays over medium heat.
4. If desired, pan fry corn over medium heat in a bit of olive oil to get a nice char.
5. Make pico de gallo - toss tomatoes, onion, lime juice, and cilantro together.  Season with salt.
6.  Build burrito bowl!  Put scoop of rice in bottom of bowl, topped with beans, corn, pico, avocado, and any other toppings.  Top with roasted cauliflower.

Serves 4

adapted from pinch of yum

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment