July 3, 2019

Copenhagen {Atelier September, Tivoli, Mikkeller, & Brus}


Our last full day in Copenhagen we packed in all the eating, drinking, and exploring we could manage that we hadn't yet done.  We started out at Cafe Atelier September, the cutest little cafe that is Instagram famous for their avocado bread, so of course we had to each get one with our coffees {though I wish I would've gotten more adventurous with my coffee order as the woman sitting next to us had her latte served in a bowl with beautiful artwork on top}.  Needless to say, the bread was amazing and I could've moved in to this sweet little building.  Next up, we walked around Copenhagen stopping in the tourist shops that were open to pick up souvenirs {unbeknownst to us it was a holiday so most shops were closed}.  We decided to grab a few Danish pastries and rest our legs a bit at Lagkagehuset {which I would liken to a Danish Starbucks but better} before heading over towards Tivoli Gardens.  We weren't really up for paying to go into the amusement park so we just checked it out from afar, and while walking around a sweet little gift shop outside we discovered the Tivoli Food Hall where we could sip on beers on a patio overlooking the park - perfect!  There was one more stop I really wanted to make at Mikkeller Bar, a popular Danish brewery that is popping up everywhere and that I had heard rave reviews about.  The bar was located in a basement on a quiet street and had hidden little rooms to sit in and cool art on the walls - definitely somewhere I'd be hanging out if I were a local.  After a quick stop back at the hotel to take advantage of free wine hour, we were starving so headed out to find some dinner.  We made a quick stop at Assistens Cemetery to see the final resting place of Hans Christian Andersen before sitting down for a delicious dinner of burgers, spaetzle, and fermented fries at Brus, a hip restaurant right across the street from our first night's dinner at Baest.  It was such a full and fun day exploring Copenhagen and I can't wait until our next trip back.



 this is the face of a man that is very happy to eat some avocado bread










 my future home :)






 beers at tivoli


















 hans christian andersen


 dinner at brus




i loved all the do not disturb excuses at our hotel :)

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment