January 2, 2020
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! I can't believe we're starting a new decade - 2020 sounds pretty crazy, right? 2019 seemed to fly by in an instant and now here we are again beginning a new year, making resolutions, wrapping up the holidays and starting over. As I think on my resolutions and goals for the upcoming year and what I hope to accomplish/continue, I keep coming back to the same things I do every year, but with a renewed excitement and intention. I need to move more - after taking a break from consistent workouts this past year, I've felt it not just in my body but also my mind. I feel sluggish, weak, and not too happy with myself, so this year I vow get back on track with a goal to move everyday {which I started on New Year's Day with a long and hilly 4 mile walk and an at home yoga session with the Motherchic challenge I joined - I love a good workout challenge:)}. I know it won't be easy and there will always be excuses not to, but I'm realizing now more than ever just how important it is to be healthy, confident, and strong as I enter the latter half of my 30's. Along with this get healthy resolution, I'm going to make an effort to cook healthier meals that make me feel good and full, drink less alcohol {especially during the week}, and get my butt up from my desk once a day to go on a walk at work {I work in such a beautiful area of the city that it's a shame not to enjoy it}. As for the mental part of being healthy, I've started meditating again {a resolution from several years back} and on the days that I do I feel so much more calm and peaceful and ready to tackle the day - nothing wrong with that! As for tangible resolutions, I want to continue my "green journey" of less single-use plastics {it is insane the amount of packaging that accumulates}, recycling said plastics when I do have them, and making conscious green choices in my everyday life {this planet is the only one we've got and we all need to do our part to take care of it}. I also want/need to travel more this year {is it crazy that the only airplane I got on in 2019 was to go and come back from Sweden?!? One trip a year is so unlike me} and am already planning a few weekend getaways for the near future. So basically, as it is every year, I want to start and continue to do things that make me happy, healthy, and the best possible version of myself - sounds simple enough right?!? I know this decade is going to bring so many wonderful things with it and I cannot wait to see what this first year holds.
Cheers to a happy, healthy, and fabulous 2020 - we got this!
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment