January 9, 2020

Pre-Christmas in the Valley


The week before Christmas I headed up north to nurse my sweet mama back to health after her knee replacement surgery.  The first few days were spent preparing and serving food, cleaning the house, wrapping last minute presents, baking cookies, helping mom in and out of bed, administering {and keeping track of} pain meds, watching the Hawks, and trying to get a little work done in the rare downtime.  By the end of each day, I was exhausted!  But I'm so happy I was able to take some time off to help her {and dad} get ready for the holidays and slowly but surely get her up and moving around.  While she may feel like she's not getting better at all, I remember those first few days and how far she's come since then - she's way stronger than I would be!  Here are a few pics from those quiet yet busy days before Christmas.

 my nightly bottle glass


 homemade mac and cheese - mom's and my favorite




my fave cookies




 gorgeous sunsets




 snuggle bug shadow watching the hawks




 foggy morning


 can you spot the bald eagle?


a representation of all of us those few days

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment