December 3, 2020

Simple Cranberry Sauce


I've never made cranberry sauce before but since it's a Thanksgiving staple and would add a little color to our plates I decided to give it a go.  I didn't want to get too fancy {though next time I'm definitely trying this} so stuck with the New York Times simple Cranberry Sauce recipe that had minimal ingredients and an insanely simple preparation.  I made it while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in the morning and within minutes I had a delicious sauce to accompany the turkey and other fixin's.  This is definitely something that's easy to experiment with, though the simple preparation was good enough for me!

Cranberry Sauce

Ingredients
12oz bag fresh cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup orange juice {fresh or bottled}
zest of 1 orange {optional}

Instructions
1. Place cranberries in small sauce pan over medium high heat.  Add sugar and orange juice and stir to combine.
2. Cook until sugar is entirely melted and cranberries begin to burst in heat, about 5 minutes.  stir again, add zest of 1 orange {if desired} and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.  Turn off heat, cover pan, and allow to cool.
3. Put cranberry mixture in serving bowl, cover, and place in refrigerator until cold, at least 2 hours.



xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment