One of the coolest things about quarantine {are there cool things about quarantine? are we still calling it quarantine?} is to see how small businesses and restaurants have pivoted to "make it work". One that has pivoted over and over is Canlis, and though we hadn't been to any of their previous iterations {besides signing up for "community college" and only going to one class}, I thought we should give it a try as one of those once in a lifetime Covid experiences. Since we're not comfortable with outdoor dining right now {isn't a yurt just a small, indoor restaurant?} I decided to surprise Christian with Canlis Family Meal a few weeks back when I saw the menu included Beef Bourguignon, one of his absolute faves. We picked up the meal on Wednesday evening {he was pretty shocked when we pulled into their parking lot} and everything was promptly brought to our car {no contact} and was still warm by the time we got home. Since this was a "fancy meal" we opened a nice bottle of wine and ate dinner at the table instead of the couch {grown-ups}, enjoying every last bite. It was more than enough food for the two of us {we actually didn't eat the dessert until the next day, and it ended up being one of my favorite courses} and was such a fun little indulgence to say we did during this crazy year. While it's not something I'll be picking up every week {it is Canlis, after all, and my wallet can't handle that}, it was fun to surprise C and do something a little different than the usual. And I cannot wait until they reopen as a fine dining restaurant again - I'll definitely be getting in line for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment