February 3, 2021

Namaste


One of the ways I decided to get back into working out for 2021 was the Bulldog x The Motherchic New Year's Jumpstart Yoga Challenge.  I admit I'm pretty terrible at self motivation when it comes to working out {especially at home when it's all too easy to skip it after a long day at the computer}, but when I commit myself to a challenge like this, even if it's just me and my yoga mat at home, I suddenly am full of motivation to make movement a priority every single day and to tackle the challenge head on.  I completed the challenge on Sunday, recruiting C to take classes with me online on the weekends and setting up a makeshift yoga studio in my living room on weekday mornings and evenings after work.  It was a great way to shift from work mode to life mode after spending all day working from home and I love that the schedule was all set for me so I didn't have to decide which classes to take or talk myself out of a long, sweaty session - I just hit 'play' and started.  I feel stronger, healthier, and in a better headspace when I'm working out regularly and moving my body everyday and now that the challenge is over I'm looking to build on that momentum and further my progress.  I absolutely love yoga but am hoping to supplement those long flows with some more cardio based workouts, training my body to move in different ways than it's used to and, as the weather gets nicer, getting myself moving outside more.  It's not about losing weight or hitting a goal number on the scale - it's about feeling healthy and strong and challenging myself to be the best "me" I can be.

xoxo,
stephanie marie 

No comments:

Post a Comment