I recently came across a new to me Trader Joe's BBQ Sauce, Carolina Gold, and figured I'd give it a try in anticipation of warmer weather and rooftop bbq's. Earlier this week I stuck two large chicken breasts in the crockpot {about 2 lbs} with almost the entire bottle of sauce and let it cook on low for about 7 hours. After it was done cooking I took the chicken out, shredded it, then put it back in the crockpot to mix with the sauce. My house smelled soooooo good while this was cooking all day, and while I previously was partial to TJ's bbq sauce with Sriracha, I think this is my new fave for it's not-too-spicy but intensely good flavor. I've been using the shredded chicken on salads all week long to use up all of my veggies, but it would be great as a pulled chicken sandwich with some slaw or in a big ol' wrap. This is definitely going to be on rotation for a super simple meal to always have on hand and I can't wait to try out the sauce on the BBQ later this year!
xoxo,
stephanie marie
No comments:
Post a Comment