January 25, 2022

Creamy White Chicken Chili


Lately I've declared Mondays "Crockpot Mondays" because who really wants to cook at the beginning of the week?  I've been finding all new recipes that are easy to dump in the crockpot in the morning and if the smells wafting up from the kitchen all day are almost too much to stand, then I know I have a winner.  Case in point, this Creamy White Chicken Chili that Christian declared one of his most favorite things I've made.  It was super easy to put together {I chopped all of the veggies the night before so it really was just dump it all in and let it do it's thing}.  The soup was perfect for a chilly day and one I know that we'll be making over and over throughout the winter.  Enjoy!

Creamy White Chicken Chili

Ingredients
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped {I might use a second next time for a little more heat}
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt & pepper
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
4-6 cups low sodium chicken broth
3 oz cream cheese
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup salsa verde
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
avocado, limes, cheese, greek yogurt, green onions, etc for serving

Instructions
1. In the bowl of your crockpot, combine onion, garlic, poblanos, jalapeno, cumin, paprika, and chili powder.  Add chicken, stir in broth and cream cheese and season with salt & pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
3. Shred chicken using two forks.  Stir in white beans, salsa verde, cheddar, and cilantro.  Let warm through.
4. Serve topped with desired toppings.

Serves 4-6

adapted from half baked harvest




xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment