January 4, 2022

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year!  2022 - can you believe it?!?  We survived yet another unprecedented year and I think we're all about ready for a quieter one ahead.  I know for myself {and most people I know} this pandemic is still taking such a toll - the past 2 years have been HARD to say the least and it's hard to stay positive and optimistic when it feels like with every step we take forward {vaccines! boosters!} we take two steps backwards {delta! omicron! anti-vaxxers {wtf?}!}.   That said, the new year is the perfect time to reflect on all we've accomplished, start fresh with new intentions and build on the ones that are serving us well.  I've been really proud of myself for finding an online workout that I actually enjoy and have been sticking to {yeah Peloton} and in this new year I plan to listen to what my body needs and not push myself to do a cardio class when what I'm craving is some stretchy yoga.  I love feeling strong and sweating after an intense workout, but I've been missing the feeling I get after yoga and can't wait to add it back into my routine more frequently.  Speaking of routine, a lot has changed lately with slowly moving in with Christian {!} and trying to get everything in order with my house.  I've been missing some of my routine while everything feels a bit chaotic, so I'm hoping to get into the groove with new routines for the two of us as we navigate living together and also leaning back on some of those old routines that I miss from living on my own.  I'm talking about meal planning for the week {packing has made me realize I have about a million cookbooks}, decorating the house together, making time to read more {I did not do well on my book count this year}, drinking a little less on weeknights, but also treating ourselves to date nights when it feels safe to go out - it's all about balance!  I'm also resolving to set more boundaries with work {it's especially hard while working from home} and afternoon walks with my sweetie, actually taking lunch breaks, and taking more mental health days when I need it are all on my list for the year.  Also for my mental health I've gotten back on the meditation bandwagon and I love that 10 minutes a day where I can just sit and not have to do anything but breathe.  It also goes along with another intention which is to be kinder and gentler with myself and give myself more grace while also being confident in my decisions and speaking up for what I want and need.  All areas of our health {mental, physical, emotional} are equally important and if the past 2 years have taught us anything it's that we need to take care of ourselves and be the healthiest in all those areas that we can be.  Cheers to a happy and healthy 2022 - I think we all deserve a good one :)

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment