July 16, 2013

The Whale Wins


A few weeks ago, Stefanie and I had a date night {our favorite thing to do when her hubby goes out of town}. In typical date night fashion, we decided to try a brand new {to us} restaurant that we'd both been dying to try - The Whale Wins.  We'd heard rave reviews, so with the sun shining we took a seat on the patio and started drooling over everything on the menu.  We shared a yummy bottle of rosé, then proceeded to order one dish out of each category to share.  It's hard to pick a fave - everything was so amazing!  Each dish they brought out was better than the last and I kept wishing that it wouldn't end.  Unfortunately it did, but instead of heading home we decided to take advantage of the amazing weather and walk off our dinner on a stroll from Fremont to Ballard - with a few stops along the way :) {if the weather is nice, I'd highly recommend this - just bring comfy shoes!}.  I can't wait to go back to The Whale Wins again to try even more of their yummy food, but in the meantime I'll just keep drooling over the memories :)

the gorgeous white kitchen


 fresh bread and butter


 asparagus and smashed avocado with pickled mustard seeds on crackers


 roasted clams and roasted pork shoulder


 the awesome "hello" signs hanging from the ceiling



xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment