September 30, 2013

Cocktail Class {Italian Plums & Asian Pears}

 asian pear daiquiri

For my birthday present this year, Stefanie took me to a cocktail class at Cuoco {see our past classes here and here}.  This year's theme was Italian Plums and Asian Pears, and along with the class, we got a membership to City Fruit.  The format was a little different than classes past {we didn't get to mix the cocktails on our own} but we still got appetizers, 4 {small sized} drinks, and souvenirs to take home {pickled plums and our own homemade bitters}.  The class focused not only on the fruit and the drinks but different types of bar tools and methods to make our at home bartending skills top notch.  It was such a fun evening - not just for the class, but to spend time with Stef since I don't see her everyday anymore.  Below, I've copied down my favorite recipe from the class that I'll definitely be replicating just as soon as I remember how to pickle plums :)

Plum Dirty

Ingredients
1.5 oz gin or vodka
1 oz Dolin dry vermouth
1/4 oz plum pickling liquid
dash orange bitters

Instructions
Combine all ingredients, add ice, stir, and strain into martini glass.  Garnish with orange twist or slice of pickled plum.

 plum dirty


perfect plum


 asian pear highball


catching up with wine after the class

Thanks again, Stef!

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment