December 18, 2013

Red Velvet Crinkles


I may have a new favorite Christmas cookie.  Ok, that's a lie.  These will always be my favorite, but these Red Velvet Crinkles that I tried from Cooking Classy may be a close second.  I brought them to work this week and the unanimous consensus is that these are good.  If you are still looking for a cookie recipe to bring to the neighbors {or eat with hot chocolate while watching Elf - I don't judge}, then I'd recommend trying these ASAP.  They're positively delicious {and how Christmas-y do they look!?!}.

Red Velvet Crinkles

Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 tblsp milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp lemon juice
5 tsp red food coloring
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup powdered sugar

Instructions
1. In mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
2. In separate bowl, mix butter and sugar with electric mixer until pale and fluffy.  Mix in eggs 1 at a time until blended through.  Mix in milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and red food coloring.  With mixer on slow, slowly add in dry ingredients until just combined.  Stir in white chocolate chips.  Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350.  Pour powdered sugar into small bowl.  With hands, roll individual cookies with dough into small balls (about 2 tblsp each).  Roll each into powdered sugar to coat evenly.  Transfer to parchment lined baking sheets and bake about 15 minutes.  Allow to rest on cookie sheet a few minutes, then transfer to baking rack to cool.  Store in airtight container.

Makes about 30 cookies

adapted from Cooking Classy

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment