December 17, 2013
Sausage Potato & Kale Soup
After a freezing cold week where most days I could barely feel my toes, I decided to declare Friday night "Soup Night". I went to my lady PW to find something hearty, warm - and easy {who wants to spend all Friday night in the kitchen anyway?}. I came up with Sausage, Potato, and Kale soup, and while I think it wasn't supposed to be quite as thick as mine turned out, I actually liked the stew-like consistency for the cold days. Served with warmed bread to sop up the soup, this was the perfect meal to reheat all weekend long.
Sausage, Potato, & Kale Soup
Ingredients
1 bunch kale torn to bite sized pieces
6 red potatoes, sliced thin
1/2 onion, chopped
1 lb Italian Sausage
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes {more or less, depending on how much heat you want}
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
2 cups half-and-half
Splash heavy cream
Dried Oregano
Pepper
Instructions
1. Rinse kale with cold water in colander. Set aside.
2. In medium pot, boil sliced potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside.
3. In large pot, heat onions and crumble in sausage. Cook until browned. Drain off excess fat. Stir in red pepper flakes, oregano, pepper, broth, milk, and half and half. Simmer 30 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, splash of heavy cream, and kale. Stir, then simmer 10-15 minutes. Serve.
Serves 4-6
adapted from The Pioneer Woman
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Labels:
soup,
the pioneer woman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment