March 13, 2014
Amber Ale Chili
I know we've talked about chili fairly recently, but I couldn't not share this one with you. Dad ripped this recipe out of the newspaper a few weeks back, and I had promised I would give it a try. I mean, how could I not try a chili that combines beer, cinnamon, and honey? The flavors ended up being amazing together {who knew?!?} and this may be my favorite chili to date. If winter is still hanging on where you are, I suggest you make this chili to warm yourself up this weekend. And the leftovers are awesome - this one definitely keeps getting better with age :)
Amber Ale Chili
Ingredients
3 tsp olive oil, divided
2 lbs ground beef
1 tsp salt
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tblsp chili powder
1 tblsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp cinnamon
1 (12 oz) bottle amber ale {I used Fat Tire}
1 cup water
1 - 28oz can crushed tomatoes
1 pinch red pepper flakes
2 tblsp tomato paste
2 tblsp honey
1 - 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
Instructions
1. Heat 1 tsp oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add beef. Saute, breaking up with wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer meat to small bowl with slotted spoon and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
2. Drain liquid from pot. Add remaining 2 tsp oil. Add onion, and saute until soft {about 5 minutes}. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cinnamon. Saute 1 minute.
3. Add ale, water, beef, crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, and honey. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add beans; cook 5 minutes.
Suggested toppings - sour cream, chips, cheese, green onion, avocado, etc.
Serves 6
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment