March 19, 2014
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies
I've had the ingredients for these cookies for about a month, but hadn't found the time to make them. Boy, am I regretting that. The instant I first bit into one of these super easy to make cookies, I was hooked. They are insanely delicious - chewy and sweet with just the right amount of substance. I pawned them off on my family this past weekend, knowing full well I didn't need 3 dozen in my home, and my mom even called last night to tell me they were out of cookies. Two batches in less than a week isn't excessive, right? :)
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened {I used unsalted}
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 whole eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Beat together butter and brown sugar using stand or hand mixer until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, until mixed.
3. In separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add it to the creamed mixture, in 2 or 3 batches, until just combined. Mix in oats.
4. Using cookie scoop, drop dough on greased cookie sheet a few inches apart. Bake13-15 minutes {depending on oven} until dark brown and chewy. Cool slightly on pan, then transfer to cooling rack.
Makes 3 dozen
adapted from The Pioneer Woman
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Labels:
dessert,
the pioneer woman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment