July 14, 2016

Roaming the Garden {Hydrangeas}


When you walk up to my house this time of year, the thing that sticks out the most are the huge hydrangeas next to the front door.  They're hard to miss :)  The first year I had the house, I barely noticed them {maybe I was too awe struck by this crazy garden?} but ever since we trimmed some huge rose bushes around them, the hydrangeas get plenty of sun and are thriving.  At first I thought there was something wrong with them - the outside flowers were so pretty but nothing was blooming in the middle - but after seeing others like this and searching the web, I realized mine are Lacecap Hydrangeas that only bloom around the outside of each flower.  Now that I know they're not completely misshapen, I appreciate these beautiful blue, purple, and pink blooms even more.  They are a welcoming and happy sight to walk out the front door to each morning :)

 out the front door










xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment