March 30, 2017

Quick Garlic Lime Marinated Pork Chops


I've been trying to do a little refrigerator/freezer clean out lately and when I saw I had an extra lime in my fridge, I instantly thought of these Garlic Lime Marinated Pork Chops from Skinnytaste that I've had on my Pinterest board forever.  I had everything I needed for the recipe, so I took some pork chops out of my freezer that had been in there forever and got to work.  I made the marinade the night before cooking the chops and soaked them in it for almost 24 hours to get lots of flavor.  Since all the chopping and mixing was done, when I got home from yoga last night I simply turned on the broiler and stuck the chops in the oven.  I also had a bag of frozen cauliflower rice from Trader Joe's that I heated up and added a green onion to, and in less than 10 minutes I had a delicious home-cooked meal on the table without having to make a trip to the grocery store.  Not bad eh?  I'm definitely adding this one to my weeknight repertoire :)

Quick Garlic Lime Marinated Pork Chops

Ingredients
4 lean boneless pork chops {I only used 2 and had lots of marinade}
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp lime zest
1 tsp salt  
1/2 tsp pepper

Instructions
1. In large bowl, combine garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.  Squeeze in lime juice and zest and stir until combined.
2. Place pork chops in large bowl or plastic bag and cover with marinade.  Refrigerate 20 minutes or overnight for more flavor.
3. Line broiler pan with foil for easy clean up.  Place pork chops on pan and broil about 5 minutes each side or until browned.  Alternatively, you can grill over medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side.

Serves 4

adapted from skinnytaste

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment