November 16, 2017

Cranberry Apricot Oatmeal Cookies


I have a few special deliveries to make this week and I thought what better to bring than cookies - everyone loves a cookie, right?  I had my Dahlia Bakery cookbook out from making my favorite tomato soup the other week and after debating between several different cookies, I decided to try my hand at their Cranberry & Apricot Oatmeal Cookies.  Oatmeal cookies are some of my absolute faves, and this version with delicious spices and dried fruits is the perfect chewy treat to snack on at any time of day.  They turned out better than a lot of my baking adventures do, and  I definitely plan on adding these to my baking regulars - I hope the people I'm bringing them to love them just as much as I do :)

Dahlia Bakery Cranberry Apricot Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients
2 cups + 2 Tblsp all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 1/2 cups rolled oats {like Quaker old fashioned}
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup diced dried apricots
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 cup + 2 Tblsp unsalted butter, softened {room temp}
1 1/4 cups packed moist brown sugar {from a bag, not a box}
3/4 cup + 2 Tblsp granulated sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and spices.  Stir in oats and salt.  Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine apricots, raisins, and cranberries.  Set aside.
4. In bowl of electric mixer {or using a hand mixer}, combine butter, both sugars, and vanilla extract, creaming on medium speed until very pale and fluffy.  Scrape down bowl.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate each egg and scraping down bowl as needed.
6. On low speed, add flour mixture in 3 additions and mix until just combined.  Using a spatula or spoon, add dried fruits and mix until just combined.
7. Scoop cookies in about 1/4 cup scoops, placing evenly on parchment lined cookie sheets, 6 cookies per sheet.  Using your hand, pat down each cookie mound of dough to about 1/2 inch thickness.
8. Place pan in oven and bake until cookies are golden brown around the edges and still slightly pale in the middle, about 14 minutes.
9. Remove baking sheet from oven and allow to cool on wire rack for at least 10 minutes before using metal spatula to remove cookies from pan.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies

adapted from the dahlia bakery cookbook



xoxo,
stephanie marie

1 comment: