April 18, 2018
Quick Black Bean Burrito Bowl
I've been working from home on Mondays for the past month or so {I'd highly recommend it} and one thing I've been loving is stopping in the afternoon to make a fresh yummy lunch to break up the day. My favorite so far {that has also become a go to dinner on evenings when I just don't want to put forth too much energy} is this Quick Black Bean Burrito Bowl that is both delicious and fairly healthy. It's so easy to customize with whichever veggies and toppings you have on hand, and the leftover beans and rice are so easy to heat up for lunch or dinner the next day. If you're missing the meat, some chicken, shrimp, or ground meat would be a super delicious addition to this bowl, but I find with the seasonings and lots of veggies and beans that I don't miss it at all. Enjoy!
Quick Black Bean Burrito Bowl
Ingredients
1/2 can black beans
1 cup cooked brown rice {I love the individual frozen packets of Brown Rice from Trader Joe's that are microwaveable - use about half the bag for 1 burrito bowl}
Dash each of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
Toppings {I typically use a mexican cheese blend, salsa, radishes, green onion, lettuce, avocado, and sour cream mixed with fresh lime juice}
Instructions
1. Heat drained black beans over medium heat until heated through {use the whole can and save half for leftovers!}. Top with spices and stir to combine.
2. Cook rice according to directions
3. Meanwhile, prep and chop veggies.
4. Once beans are warmed and flavorful, mix beans and rice together in bowl and top with favorite veggies and toppings. Enjoy!
Serves 1
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Labels:
mexican food,
vegetarian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment