April 19, 2018

Soul Cycle


Monday evening I headed to South Lake Union to try out the newest craze to hit Seattle - Soul Cycle.  Soul Cycle is an "inspirational, meditative fitness experience", which basically means it kicks your ass.  Set in a dark, candlelit room packed with stationary bikes and people, the instructors guide you through a 45 minute spin class to blasting upbeat music while inspiring you to dig deep and pedal faster and stronger than you ever thought possible.  After sweating profusely and bringing myself to the point of almost passing out, I can honestly say it's one of the toughest workouts I've ever done.  But also?  It was amazing.  I loved the camaraderie of the fellow cyclists {everyone was yelling and clapping and high-fiving each other} and our instructor Earl was so energetic and intense that he really made me want to give it my all.  Unfortunately, this class just 1 block away from work is way too expensive to become a regular member {but for reals, how do people afford that?} but I can see myself heading to a class every now and then on a Saturday morning or Monday afternoon to really break a sweat and push myself to the limit.  Anyone want to join me?




xoxo,

stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment