July 24, 2018
Skillet Turkey Taco Cauliflower Rice
I feel like most of our meals lately have involved throwing some protein on the grill and making a big salad to go with it. With this beautiful summer weather there certainly isn't anything wrong with that, but I've missed finding a new recipe and making something easy and delicious, so when I stumbled upon Skinnytaste's Skillet Taco Cauliflower Rice, I knew it was my kind of meal. I've already made it several times in the past few weeks and it's fast becoming a delicious staple in my kitchen. It's super fast and easy to put together, and the toppings can be adjusted to whatever you have on hand. You could even throw everything into a tortilla and make a burrito if you're feeling super adventurous :) What I'm saying is, make sure to make this the next time you're looking for something yummy to whip up and I guarantee you'll have some happy mouths in your home.
Skillet Taco Cauliflower Rice
Ingredients
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 small onion, minced
2 Tblsp bell pepper, minced
3/4 cup water
4oz canned tomato sauce
4 cups uncooked cauliflower rice {I use the Trader Joe's frozen version and just heat up a little on the stove so it's unfrozen}
Toppings {avocado, cilantro, chopped lettuce, cheese, jarred salsa, radishes, sour cream/greek yogurt, limes, etc}
Instructions
1. Over high heat, brown turkey in large skillet, breaking up as it cooks.
2. When no longer pink, add 1 tsp salt and the rest of the dry spices and mix well.
3. Add onion, pepper, tomato sauce, and water and mix well. Simmer on low about 15 minutes.
4. Add cauliflower and 1/4 tsp salt and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Transfer to plate and serve with desired toppings. Makes great leftovers!
Serves 4
adapted from skinnytaste
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Labels:
mexican food,
skinnytaste
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment