November 27, 2018
Kale & Brussels Sprout Salad
I'm sure you're just dying to see our Maui pics, but first I have to share my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner this year, a Kale & Brussels Sprout Salad I found on Bon Appetit. When the CDC came out saying that romaine lettuce was bad, I had to quickly find a new recipe using a different green that would be perfect for our family celebration. I checked out the always reliable Bon Appetit and with the stellar reviews and easy looking prep, I decided to give this one a try. The recipe calls for Tuscan Kale but I just used Curly {and only 1 bunch was plenty for this recipe}. I prepped everything before hand and mixed the greens, dressing, and cheese right before it was time to eat. It was such a simple and delicious salad that's great for a crowd, and I can't wait to whip up another batch of that yummy dressing for my weekday lunches coming up. Enjoy!
Kale & Brussels Sprout Salad
Ingredients
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tblsp grainy mustard
1 Tblsp minced shallot
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp salt
pepper
2 {or 1} large bunches of Tuscan kale, center stem discarded and leaves thinly sliced
12 oz brussels sprouts trimmed and thinly sliced with knife
1/2 cup olive oil, minus 1 Tblsp
1/3 cup almonds coarsely chopped {I used my food processor - you can toast them but I kept them raw}
1 cup finely grated Romano {or Parmesan} cheese
Instructions
1. Combine lemon juice, mustard, shallot, garlic, salt & pepper and whisk to combine. Set aside to let flavors meld.
2. Mix together kale and brussels sprouts in large bowl.
3. Slowly whisk olive oil into lemon juice mixture. Season with salt & pepper.
4. When ready to service, mix dressing and cheese into kale mixture. Top with almonds, more cheese, and dried cranberries, if desired {we added these for color}.
adapted from Bon Appetit
Serves 8-10
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Labels:
salad,
vegetarian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment