November 7, 2018

Last Day


On my last day of work in this pretty building downtown, my coworkers made me feel extra special all day long.  The morning started with my fave - breakfast burritos - before I met up with a longtime coworker {we've worked together since the very beginning!} for lunch next door at Farestart.  While I did some work and cleaned out my desk, I spent most of the day feeling antsy and nostalgic and trying to hold back tears.  In the afternoon, as I we were all feeling a little anxious, we made probably the worst hand-traced turkeys ever {elementary school kids do way better} and hung them up on the board.  In the afternoon, I finally popped open the little bottles of bubbly someone kindly brought to work so we could all have a farewell toast before I left.  I was almost out the door without crying until I saw Sara, the last of our core crew, and that's when the waterworks started.  I managed to compose myself in time to meet up with Christian and his mom at Urbane for a celebratory happy hour and the beginning of my two weeks of unemployment {glorious!}.  It was a sad but also cleansing last day, and though I wish I would've heard more from some of the people and leadership I had worked with for 12 years, I was overwhelmed by my coworkers love and support and celebrating with them ended up being way better than anything else.  They really are what kept me there for so long.  Now, on to the next chapter! 

 the greatest cupcakes and note waiting for me at work- apparently we had a bit too much fun at happy hour the night before!










xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment