Maddie and I accidentally saw 1917 in the theater {we had gone to see Little Women but it was sold out} but I'm so glad we got to see this one on the big screen. It's definitely not your typical war movie - filmed to look like it's all in one take {how did they do that?!?} it has more of a suspenseful, horror-like filming where you hold your breath the entire time not knowing what's coming around the next corner. Despite that, it's a beautifully made and well acted movie that is one of my top contenders for Best Picture.
I probably did myself a disservice by watching Joker at home alone at night time {guess I'll never be sleeping again} but I just had to see this performance that is winning Joaquin Phoenix all the awards. Let me tell you - they are more than well deserved. Though I kept having to look away during the gruesome violence and deeply disturbing scenes, Joaquin really embodies the Joker and there is something very wrong if he does not win Best Actor. I'd recommend seeing this one in the daylight with friends :)
Parasite was one that I had been so intrigued by but hesitated because I knew I'd need to pay lots of attention with the subtitles. It was so worth it in this dark comedy/thriller about a poor South Korean family that infiltrates a very rich family. Without giving too much away, Parasite is beautiful, gruesome, and will keep you on the edge of your seat - definitely another one of my top picks for best picture.
I just watched Marriage Story last night, mainly because I was afraid this story of a family going through divorce would have me in tears for two hours straight. In actuality I didn't cry once {maybe I've been hardened by Joker?} but instead found myself engrossed in the realness of the acting and rooting for each character at different points in the movie. I absolutely adore Adam Driver and can easily see why Laura Dern has been winning all the awards, and the truth and rawness of this film had me moved and entertained the entire time.
I just watched Marriage Story last night, mainly because I was afraid this story of a family going through divorce would have me in tears for two hours straight. In actuality I didn't cry once {maybe I've been hardened by Joker?} but instead found myself engrossed in the realness of the acting and rooting for each character at different points in the movie. I absolutely adore Adam Driver and can easily see why Laura Dern has been winning all the awards, and the truth and rawness of this film had me moved and entertained the entire time.
xoxo,
stephanie marie




No comments:
Post a Comment