March 6, 2020

Happy {Stuck at Home} Friday


Hello!  Well, it's official - I'm now required to work from home for the next almost 4 weeks!  This coronavirus has really kicked Seattle's {and the world's} butt, and now that I'm working from home for the rest of the month I'm even more determined to stay healthy and not let it get me down.  If you're not in the midst of COVID-19 or not working at a research facility with a focus on infectious disease, you may think that everything is being blown way out of proportion, but a new virus that is rapidly spreading and potentially deadly is nothing to joke about {ok, maybe a few small jokes}.  If you are looking for some really good, trustworthy sources I'd highly suggest checking out this page at Fred Hutch, along with the Twitter feeds of both Trevor Bedford and Steve Pergam, some rockstar scientists I wholeheartedly trust to bring us great information.  Blog content may be a bit slow going for the rest of March while I continue to practice "social distancing", but if I can leave you with a bit of advice it would be wash your hands, don't touch anyone, avoid big groups, and eat a healthy diet - all advice we should probably be adhering to year round, eh?  Now, I'm off to stock up on dried goods and wine {alcohol kills viruses, right?!?}.

Have a happy and healthy weekend!

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment