Humble brag over here - a few weeks back I hit 500 {!} workouts on the Peloton app. Sometime during quarantine when I was forced to give up my daily/weekly in person exercise classes and was realizing my free instagram workouts weren't really doing it for me, I downloaded the Peloton app {thanks for the rec, David} to keep myself moving at home. Peloton isn't just for the bike {though if we had the space and funds, I'd love to have one} - they have hundreds {thousands?} of workouts ranging from HIIT cardio, strength training, yoga, barre - you name it, they have it. While I started out with HIIT classes, I quickly moved on to strength training, gradually upgrading my at home weights as I found myself getting stronger and more excited about it. 5 days a week I force myself out of bed before the sun and head downstairs to get my 30-40 minutes of sweat in on the tiny space between the tv and couch, usually from a strength class but if my body is feeling a good sweaty and stretchy yoga session I go with that. Sometimes I can get Christian to do a class with me on the weekends to keep my streak going, and even though those weekdays when my alarm goes off I dream of nothing more than staying cozy and happy in bed, I never regret getting up to sweat and lift with Adrian, Jess, Callie, Rad, and the rest of the crew that keep me motivated to become my best and strongest self. While I'm excited to find some nearby classes I can join to get back in the groove of group fitness, I'm so grateful for this online community that keeps me accountable, strong, and proud of myself day in and day out. Cheers to the first 500 - hopefully the next 500 is right around the corner!
xoxo,
stephanie marie
No comments:
Post a Comment