March 9, 2023

Crockpot Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup



Last week we went back and forth between sunshine and snow so I knew I wanted something warm and yummy that was super easy to put together for dinner.  The crockpot always gets the job done and when I saw this recipe for Crockpot Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup that required only some chopping as prep work, I was sold.  It was super simple to put together and incredibly tasty on a cold winter day.  Since the rain is expected to continue for awhile, do yourself a favor and warm up to this yummy soup!

Crockpot Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients
1 yellow onion, diced
2 jalapeƱos, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
2 tsp cumin
2-3 tsp taco seasoning
salt & pepper
3 cups red enchilada sauce
3-4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1-2 cups cooked white or brown rice
juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
tortilla chips, greek yogurt, shredded cheese, avocado, green onion for serving

Instructions
1. In bowl of crockpot layer onion, jalapeƱos and garlic.  Add chicken, cumin, taco seasoning, and a pinch each of salt & pepper.  Pour over enchilada sauce and broth.
2. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or high 4-6 hours.  Remove chicken and shred, using two forks, and add back to soup.  Stir in rice, cilantro and lime juice.
3. Serve with desired toppings.

serves 6

adapted from half baked harvest



xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment