October 8, 2025

October Date Night {The Whale Wins}


When I found out a few months ago that The Whale Wins was closing in October, I knew we had to go try it one last time.  It is, after all, the place we had our first date all those years ago and where we have celebrated several anniversaries and special occasions.  We headed over there last weekend to say goodbye and as has always been the case, we were serendipitously seated in the exact same table we were 8+ years ago.  We ordered a few faves and a few new to us dishes and while the prices have gotten quite a bit higher and the portions a bit smaller, it was so fun to reminisce about that first date and think about how far we've come since then.  The Whale Wins will always hold a special place in our hearts and I'm sad to see it go.



still my favorite date






our favorite sardines on toast


roasted cauliflower


gnocchi with tomatoes and calabrian chilies


clams with sweet corn and corn bisque



xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment