May 17, 2012

Fresh Tomato Feta Pizza


Last weekend, Mom picked up the latest issue of Cooking Light magazine and on the cover was a picture of Fresh Tomato Feta Pizza.  It looked so delicious, I knew I had to try it when I got home.  I used a store bought crust and omitted the olives (not because I don't like them, but because I love the simple flavors of tomato and basil better), and in no time at all, my apartment was full of the wonderful scents of tomatoes and garlic cooking in the oven.  Topping it with basil once it was done, it was probably one of the prettiest meals I've ever made.  Unfortunately, that image was short-lived when, while slicing the pizza, more than half of it ended up on my kitchen floor (darn my non-existent counter space!).  I was able to grab on to a few pieces so I could try this insanely flavorful yet simple pizza, and while I mourned the next day's leftovers, I know it will not be long before this reappears on my dinner table.  Next time though, I will not be balancing it precariously on the edge of the counter :)

Fresh Tomato Feta Pizza

Ingredients
1 pre-made pizza dough
4 plum tomatoes, sliced
2 tblsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 oz feta cheese
1/4 cup basil leaves, torn

Instructions
1.  Preheat oven to 425 (or whatever your pizza dough package recommends).
2.  Combine tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic in bowl.  Let sit for a few minutes.
3.  Spread tomato mixture over dough.  Top with crumbled feta.
4.  Back about 10 minutes, until crust is golden and cheese is golden brown.
5.  Top with basil and cut (carefully!) into slices.

adapted from Cooking Light

xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment