May 9, 2012

Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry with Peanuts



For awhile now, I had been craving some sort of stir-fry.  Chicken, beef, shrimp - I didn't care.  All it had to have was some fresh veggies, great flavor, and rice.  I stumbled upon this recipe for Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry with Peanuts in the Everyday Food Light cookbook, and after noticing that there were only two steps, I promptly went out and bought all of the ingredients I didn't already have in my kitchen.  I adapted it a bit (see my version below) and while the name says spicy, I think it definitely could've used a little more kick (and this coming from the girl who is not a fan of super spicy).  Next time, I think I'll add another jalapeno to turn it up a notch :)


Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry with Peanuts
Ingredients
1 tblsp plus 1 tsp peanut oil
3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced cross-wise
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced crosswise (ribs and seeds removed for less heat if desired)
8 oz snow peas, ends trims
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
3/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil, torn
Cooked brown rice

Instructions
1.  In large skillet, heat oil over high heat.  Add chicken and cook until browned on one side.
2.  Turn chicken and add garlic, chile, and snow peas.  Cook until chicken is cooked through.  Season with salt and pepper, stir in lime juice, peanuts, and basil.  
3.  Serve over brown rice.








xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment