January 24, 2017
Beer Trumps Hate
Friday was an interesting day to say the least. I felt restless and anxious and tried to avoid social media and the news altogether, but by the end of the day, I needed to do something. I convinced Ed and David to head over to Rooftop Brewing by my house to partake in a pint or two of their Beer Trumps Hate brew {clever, right?}. All sales from this IPA go to non-profit organizations that fight hate, and after the political season we've had, it sounded like the perfect idea. The keg was actually tapped by the time we got there {apparently we were not the only ones with this idea} but to sit and have a few beers with my friends {and strangers all around us} who were feeling the same as me felt right. Though I didn't march, I did get a chance to voice my views and concerns peacefully and with friends, and after witnessing all the strong, powerful, and peaceful demonstrations this weekend, I have hope and optimism that this world is not all bad and we can make it even better if we stick together and keep keep pushing, keep challenging, keep loving. I'll cheers to that any day.
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment