I rang in 2016 with party hats and tiki drinks, cheered on my team {but it wasn't meant to be}, fixed the house, had beers in my 'hood, made some soup & salmon, tried another new restaurant, and laughed til my cheeks hurt.
February started lights out celebrating a new launch and coffee with friends, took a turn when I was Steve Harvey'd, then started to look up with a show that wasn't a drag, a holiday brunch with my Valentine, my favorite dinner, and a gorgeous sunrise.
As spring settled in I watched some bball, caught up with an old bestie, dreamed of being
fancy, tried the yummiest new spot, monkeyed around with Ryley, worked out for bloody mary's, got crafty, showered the future mrs. bach, and realized I'm not as bad ass as I thought.
I started out April with the most fun long weekend in Santa Barbara to celebrate Maddie {and I made some time to see Susannah} and brother asked sara a big question, then I cheered on the boys of summer, played tourist, ate good food, showered baby battaglia, got my bhangra on, and treated myself to a fancy date.
We started out June with a girls weekend filled with wine, then I drank some local brews, rode a ferry, drank with an old friend, took a stroll on the beach, celebrated a big achievement and a year of cuteness, got my putt putt on, and anticipated a special arrival.
My favorite month of the year began with a celebratory game and introducing new friends to a favorite holiday, then I hosted some lovely ladies, met up with an old friend, played with Erika, drank wine with the girls, danced in the rain, and spent my birthday weekend yoga-ing, drinking, eating, and flying, but the absolute best thing that happened was
August was super busy with training camp and hanging with the neighbors, dancing around the park and hanging upside down, dinners with two awesome guys and hitting some balls, meeting a new member of our crew and lots of snuggles, taking a drive to a special place, chillin' outside, and celebrating a legend.
In September I hung out at the Safe and the Clink, went Thrift Shoppin', found some zen, spent an evening with a cat, tried a cozy new spot, then took a trip with my pops to cheer on my team, drink some beer, see the fam, and have my favorite food, but the month ended in tears as we said goodbye to a great man.
October started out with a much needed getaway to the desert with my Mama for lots of food and girl time, then I hung out with some cute kids, rocked out to an old fave, celebrated an anniversary, went out to dinner, picked some pumpkins, felt very strongly, and headed off on my own.
November was all about the pura vida, and it was worth it. Besides all the yoga, we went surfing, horseback riding on the beach, zip-lining over the jungle, cruisin', beachin', poolin', adventurin', and meeting the best people. Oh, I was also very thankful and cheered on my team.
What a year! 2017 - I'm ready for ya!
xoxo,
stephanie marie











No comments:
Post a Comment