February 16, 2017
Cendrillon
Since David and I didn't go to PNB's Nutcracker this year we knew we had to take ourselves to a ballet at some point, so we were super excited to go see Cendrillon last week. Cendrillon takes Disney's Cinderella and completely spins it around. It's modern, edgy, funny, and a bit shocking, all with brilliant dancing and amazing costumes {I want my legs to shimmer gold like the fairy godmother}. After the obligatory pre-show dinner at Crow, we headed over to McCaw Hall to our balcony seats for the evening show. I loved how it was different from a traditional ballet {the sets were so bare and modern, which added to the effect} and the dancers played the characters perfectly {our favorites were the Pleasure Superintendents}. I absolutely love getting to spend an evening at the ballet, and to see something truly different and modern like this made me realize that I need to make this more of a habit - a date to the ballet is always a good night in my book.
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment