Yesterday marked my 10 year anniversary at my job. Whaaaaaaa?!?!?!?!??! It's hard to believe that 10 years ago I moved to this city, not quite knowing what I was getting myself into or if my little temp job would even work out, and now here I am 10 years later. A lot has changed, but a lot has stayed the same. I worked on Westlake {no one called it South Lake Union back then} and there were no restaurants, no fancy workout classes, not even a Starbucks in sight. Now the streets are lined with brand new condos, fancy restaurants, and yes - Starbucks on every corner. Seattle has changed a lot, but that area, my original Seattle stomping grounds, is completely unrecognizable. And Seattle isn't the only thing that's changed - I've changed living arrangements, boyfriends, coffee preferences, bus routes, exercise routines, outfit choices, job titles - but the one constant has been the company that's kept me employed for ten years. We've had our ups and downs, and I'm not sure it's my forever place, but it has given me a home, amazing lifelong friends, and the opportunity to say that I live and work in one of the most innovative, beautiful, and fastest growing cities in the world and I wouldn't give up any of that. So many memories have been had, and I know many more are to come, but for now I'm going to pat myself on the back {no one my age stays at the same job for 10 years!} and reminisce over a martini {something I learned to love from some dear work friends} at one of my favorite places that I walk by everyday on my way to work. I think I deserve it :)
xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:
Post a Comment