September 1, 2017

Colorado {Sonny Lubick Steakhouse}


Saturday after the game, we headed back to the hotel to cool down and freshen up before heading out to dinner at Sonny Lubick Steakhouse.  We were a bit early, so after wandering around Old Town for a bit, we decided to go to the bar at the restaurant to grab a drink before dinner.  As we walked into the place, I joked with Dad that Sonny might be there since he was at the game that day, and as we walked into the bar, we almost ran right into Sonny himself!  I've always been a fan of CSU's winningest football coach who was ending his career while I was in school, and as we ordered our drinks, I was completely awestruck being just a few feet away from him.  After half a martini and encouragement from Dad, I finally got the nerve to go up and talk to Sonny, who was the sweetest person imaginable.  I told Coach that I had been at CSU when he was coaching, to which he graciously replied "No way - you're way too young for that.  You look like you're in college now" {thanks Sonny}.  He obliged my request for a picture, then continued to ask questions about where we were from, whether or not we were Husky fans, and when I said of course not, proceeded to tell me his son was coaching at UW - whoops!.  It was such a dorky fan girl moment that I'm so happy I got to have - and since I was on cloud nine throughout the rest of our dinner, I'll let the pictures below show you the rest of our evening. Thanks again Sonny for being such a gentleman, and Go Rams tonight against the Buffs!



 pre dinner martini with sonny in the background














xoxo,
stephanie marie

No comments:

Post a Comment