September 28, 2017
Something Rotten
Saturday afternoon I found myself with an extra ticket to a show, so I invited Kelsey {who loves Broadway} to the 5th to see Something Rotten with me. We started our day at Purple Cafe for some lunch and a pre-show glass of wine, then headed over to the theater just in time for the curtain. I had no expectations coming into the show - all I knew was that it had won some Tony's and was supposed to be funny. From the very beginning to the very end, we were both dying of laughter {along with the rest of the theater} because of the hilarious actors {led by Adam Pascal, the original Roger in Rent!} and musical numbers. The very basic premise of the show is two brothers during Shakespeare's time try to invent the musical to rival Shakespeare's plays. If you get a chance to see it, you must - I promise you'll be laughing until you cry and you will love every minute of it. We sure did!
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment