July 21, 2020
Berry Crumble
It's that time of year where berries and fruit are plentiful and I want to eat them all up as much as possible. A few weeks back when the parents came down for dinner I wanted to take advantage of all the fresh berries I had just purchased and went to my old standby, Half Baked Harvest, for a super easy dessert. She calls this Any Fruit Dump {though I prefer Berry Crumble} and basically it's a delicious mix of melty, gooey berries topped with a crunchy, buttery crust that can be whipped up in just a few minutes then left in the oven while you drink cold cocktails out on the back patio and distantly interact with friends and family. If you're looking for a quick and easy dessert to throw together at your next socially distant gathering, look no further than right here.
Any Fruit Dump {Berry Crumble}
Ingredients
6 cups mixed fresh berries {I used strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries}
1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 Tblsp brown sugar
4 Tblsp cold unsalted butter, cut in cubes
2 Tblsp bourbon {optional, but why not?}
1 Tblsp vanilla extract
4 Tblsp unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of flaky sea salt
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In 9x5 loaf pan or 10 inch pie plate, combine berries, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cold butter cubes, bourbon, and vanilla. Toss well to combine.
3. In small bowl, stir together melted butter, flour, baking powder, 1 1/2 Tblsp brown sugar, and sea salt. Crumble topping over berries {it may seem dry but that's ok}.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, until berries are bubbling and topping is golden brown.
5. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Serves 6-8
adapted from half baked harvest
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Labels:
dessert
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment