July 29, 2020
Bye Bye Bar
Yesterday we got the news that my beloved Bar Method studio is shutting it's doors for good {damn you COVID!!}. I’ve been getting by doing at home workouts through Zoom & Instagram with these awesome instructors, but as of next month, there will be no more. I started classes back in May 2012 and was instantly hooked by the strength I gained, sweat I gave, and most importantly the incredible community of women {and a few special men} that I was instantly welcomed in to. Throughout the years I spent birthdays there, made some amazing lifelong friendships, felt inspired and encouraged, celebrated milestones, and went through some of life's biggest moments with those friends by my side. I will forever be indebted to these women {especially Bev, Maika, and Quyen} who have pushed me harder than I ever thought possible and taught me more about myself than I ever would've known. Through many pairs of grippy socks and leggings they not only lifted my booty but lifted my spirits, and even though I took a quick year off in there, I came back craving that feeling of support and community - going back felt like going home. This was the first real group of adult friends that I made on my own and I don't take for granted how unique and special it is to find a crew of women like this that build you up and share in all of life’s experiences. I am forever thankful to have been blessed with this community for the past 8+ years and will always smile at the memories made, not just of the shaking and sweating but helping to shape me into the person I am today. My heart is aching but also filled with such gratitude to these amazing people for that gift that I will never forget. Thank you Bar Method - it’s been one helluva ride :)
xoxo,
stephanie marie
Labels:
exercise,
quarantine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment